Well, to be complete honest – A LOT of personal information is required!
However, the information required for a loan application depends on many factors. For example, which lender you choose to go with and what special circumstances of yours the bank may need to take into consideration 🏦✔️. Such as, if you’re self-employed or on a residency VISA, etc.
However, for a basic home loan application for Australian citizens, you will most likely have to provide the following
- Two forms of identification (Drivers licence & Passport being the most common.
- The last 3-6months worth of bank statements showing salary going in and debts going out (Showing Bank, account name, account number and full transaction history)
- At least 4 pay cycles worth of payslips (You may also be required to provide a Notice of Assessment or Tax Return.
- Supporting documentation if receiving other income, such as rental income.
- Breakdown of your living expenses
- Other financial information such as your assets, liabilities and your personal information
- Home and contents insurance certificate of currency (Later on in the settlement process)
You will need most of these ready prior to applying for a home loan, so it’s a great idea to have copies all ready for your mortgage broker at your initial appointment!
Disclaimer: Your full financial needs and requirements need to be assessed prior to any offer or acceptance of a loan product.